Power Blanket DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) Tote Heater
The DEF industry now has a viable solution for heating Diesel Exhaust Fluid and protecting IBC totes, pumps, and hoses from freezing temperatures in cold weather environments. By teaming with industry giants, Powerblanket has received valuable feedback in the design and manufacturing process, allowing for a complete & effective heating solution for DEF.
At the heart of this new science is Powerblanket's patented GreenHeat Technology - the most energy efficient method for distributing heat to the entire blanket surface, providing a uniform barrier of insulated heat that protects DEF from freezing or gelling and maintains temperature for maximum pumpability. Powerblanket's lightweight heated enclosure is engineered to protect the pump housing, hoses, nozzles, valves, and holding tanks from freezing. Filling stations, farmers, fleet managers, and end users now have an affordable heating solution for their DEF products without worry of gelling, spoiled product, or frozen lines.
- Diesel exhaust fluid begins to have particulate breakdown at approximately 30ºF (-1ºC) and freezes when it drops below 12ºF (-11ºC)
- The Powerblanket tote heater provides the most effective and energy efficient method of keeping DEF in its optimal state
- Powerblanket's external heating system prevents potential contamination and purity failures often associated with submersible heaters.
- Powerblanket's patented GreenHeat technology prevents localized boiling associated with submersible heaters.
- Powerblanket's DEF tote heating system can be installed or removed by one person in about ten minutes.
- Powerblanket's patented GreenHeat technology also provides protection in case of a temporary power failure.
- Powerblanket DEF tote heater is a patented design.
- Maximum freeze protection to -40ºF
- Insulated full wrap design - keeps the heat in & cold out
- Heat, insulate and protect DEF year round
- Protect pump housing, valves, hoses & nozzles
- Best solution for viscosity & flow control
- Safe on a wide variety of materials
- Ideal for filling stations & fuel dispensaries
- Certified to UL/CSA/ETL safety standards